Tobacco use is prohibited
NO PETS ALLOWED
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are pull campers allowed?
Not at Shawnee. They can rent camper space at German Bridge (where we camped in the fall) and drive back and forth, which is only a couple minutes.
- What/where are the restroom facilities? Outhouses are on the camping level (lower level). The top level has bath houses.
- Is food provided?
No. You will need to make arrangements for food with your pack-troop.
- Is there electricity?
There is not at the campsites, but there is in the large screen house behind the campsites. The screen house also has picnic tables, so many may want to eat up there. There is also electricity at the top level (which is a pretty good distance away).
- Can I have a fire on the ground?
No. It needs to be off the ground in a fire pit.
- If I forget to register, can I still attend?
Yes. We do this for planning purposes. Just realize that those who don’t pre-register are not guaranteed a patch.
- Can I go on Saturday only?
Sure. We encourage you to camp because it’s so much fun! However, if you cannot, we ask that you arrive at 8am and leave after the campfire on Saturday evening (approx. 9:30-10pm).
- I have an Arrow of Light who is crossing over. What do I need to do?
Let us know. We will have an Arrow of Light and a Crossover to Boy Scouts ceremony before the campfire on Saturday.
- Do I need to prepare a skit?
Please do. We love to have good skits!
- What’s the policy regarding shoes?
We ask that shoes are closed toe and appropriate for a full day of fun.
- Are we fishing?
We are! If you have a pole, then please bring it.